Friday, May 1, 2009

"We've been pompous ever since Columbus couldn't work a compass"




The writing's on the (kitchen) wall. Europe lovez Obamz.



and Spain loves Christopher Colombus.

fun fact!: morocco was the first country to support america's independence. my friend tarik told me this proudly, after which i offered thanks on behalf of my african and native american ancestors. bust! i'm five years old.


thoughts today:
- it's snowing pollen, which is my second greatest fear, after swine flu. but keeping the flu "in perspective"...
- i came up with a great thesis question the other night, after a long conversation about language. unfortunately, i'm an idiot and only wrote down, "the ownership of language". i'll never remember what it was. i guess i at least have a topic.
- i went through 6 packs of tissues yesterday. time to cut the holistic medicinal practice of breathing in the steam of boiling water in order to cure my congestion. it's not working, host mom.
- the birds in Granada sing all day long.

goals today:
- window shop at yokohama? yoksana? whatever the boutique is called, i'm finding it hard not to spend my money there.
- take my book of Lorca poetry and my english-spanish dictionary down to the park. be patient with it.
- write a page of my final project paper. 
- send my pile of snail mail. 
- go to Sacromonte tonight and see a flamenco show. be kidnapped by river gypsies and be forced adopt their culture and lifestyle of singing and dancing and riding in caravans. become the next Carmen Amaya of flamenco.

No comments:

Post a Comment