Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ciao Madrileños

Finalmente, estoy en Granada.
It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. Beats Madrid, no doubt.
A few photos:



Brown Sugar? My host family has good taste.



El Zaidin (a barrio of Granada).


My bedroom. 


La Cocina (the kitchen). I spend a lot of time in here standing over my host mom's shoulder (she's tiny), talking about food and politics and other things of which I have no vocabulary in Spanish, yet. 


Elena's drawing of Tarek. He's a year or 2 older than me, a Moroccan friend of the family, and comes around just about every day to help me do things (buy a phone, hook up the internet, etc), because Elena's in Berlin. He and Ines (my host mom) like to have friendly arguments over whether foods are Arabe or Español. They're actually pretty funny together. 


And some photos from Madrid

More to come from my daily walk about in El Albaicin (a barrio across from El Alhambra).

No comments:

Post a Comment